If you reside in the Yellowbird, Keheewin or Bearspaw neighborhoods, you are welcome to become a member of the Yellowbird East Community League. Membership is required for participating in the majority of the programs that we offer. Your membership fees go directly to support our community league’s operating costs like the community sports and recreation programs. We also engage in separate fund raising activities and apply for grants to support capital projects like park developments or hall constructions.
Benefits of Membership:
- Access to league sports activities and other programs
- Free access to the community skating rinks, tennis courts, and outdoor basketball facilities
- Free weekend swimming at the William Lutsky YMCA (Sundays from 3-5 pm) and access to YMCA indoor playground for children 8 and under (Sundays from 3-5 pm)
- Voting rights at all league annual general meetings
- Opportunity to be a voice in all community related decisions and help influence the growth of our community
- Opportunity to be involved in developing or enhancing local parks and recreational facilities and enjoy healthy recreation in a safe community environment
- Contribute to building a sense of community and belonging
- Improve safety and security by getting to know your neighbours
- Discounts on rentals of the Yellowbird East Community Hall
Memberships are valid from September 1st to August 31st of the following year. Memberships are sold at the hall during program registration in the winter (February) and fall (September) and during our late summer membership drive. Watch the website, community newsletter or the community billboards for registration details. Memberships can be purchased online through the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues website www.efcl.org (click on their Store tab and enter your postal code). Your membership card will be sent to you electronically. To pick up your skate tags after an online purchase or to purchase in person during non-registration times, please contact Cheryl, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As per the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues, memberships can only be purchased by people who live in the community or adjoining communities that do not have a community league. As of Sept 1, 2019, membership dues will be as follows:
- Family membership: $40/year
- Individual and Senior Membership: $20/year